Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thank GOD, I made it home. (294) all the way...

After much Prayer, Stress and Money, I finally this day made it all the way home. The final act of this drama started today with a phone call from Louisville Caterpillar service center that my motor home was done and the bill being prepaired...I took off for Louisville about 11 a.m. and arrived there about 2 P.M. The coach was done and the bill was prepaired to the tune of over 2,000 dollars...I gulped and simply asked that they at least consider that I had paid 500 to the same owner of the service center in Lexington and for the same problem more or less. They finally agreed to remove 4 hours labor at 90 dollars per hour or 360 dollars bringing my bill down to the 1600 dollar range. Never thought I would appreciate a 1600 dollar repair bill for a fuel pump, but after first being told over 2000 you bet your sweet bippy, I was very appreciative.
Picture above calls for a celebration of sorts. I made it home and here I am parked in front of my home in Indiana...and it ran good all the way and surely hope it continues to do so for years to come. I had a case of my finest wine in my wine cellar of the motor home. Emmediately upon shutting it off for the first time since Louisville I proceeded to that compartment and removed the several bottles of my Brown County Old Barrel Port Wine and skipped my way into the house. Pulled the cork on one of them and poured my self a "liberal" pour of it and did all the right stuff...First smelling it then taking a small sip...Ahhh yes it was good, very good and after a couple sips I ventured out to remove my truck from the motor home..tucking it away into the garage for the night I did indeed finish my liberal glass of the wonderful grape product....

I was home man did it feel good, I have to admit this trip has caused a fair amount of stress on this fella...Total bills for 3 tows and 3 service repairs all for the same problem, 3500 plus dollars....makes you ill to think of it but what is one to do?

Troy Wooten the service manager in Louisville assured me that he was confident that they had found the source of my problem...My confidence was not so sure but it grew as I passed through Indianapolis and then Lebanon and onto US 52 and headed north toward home and still running OK...It truly really felt good to turn off 52 onto Wyandotte Road and into my drive way and on up the lane still running good...Tomorrow I will drive it to Bible study and back home, thinking that maybe short trips around home here will be the smart move until time has passed and I am also confident that the problem is indeed solved...Thank you Lord for riding with me all the way home....

No comments: