Wednesday, November 3, 2010

America Stood Up Yesterday (268) Yippeee

It was a good election yesterday, America fed up with current policy in DC and elsewhere went to the polls and cast their votes. They did send a message to the President to "change course". Will be interesting to hear Obama's take on this message at 1 PM when he has a news conference. I doubt that he will get it though. We will see.
I only lost one vote that I had cast and that was the Democrat for the Assessor's office. So I guess if I was to lose one that was the one to loose for sure. I doubt if Obama will be able to swallow enough crow to allow the healthcare bill to be changed.
Hope he does but this guy is probably still thinking that he knows best for all of us.
But the election did bring back hope for a lot of people. Hope that the voters do still have the ultimate power with the ballot box. Hope that future government will be smaller in size and expenses. Hope that if Obama is not willing to work out agreements with these people's choices that in two years we can make him a one term President.
I would like to see either Huckabee or Mike Pence emerge as the Republican choice for 2012 White House run...Pence could be our best shot...He is such an upright guy and I believe him to be a good Christian. Huckabee is also and would make a great President I believe. But my choices usually don't make it to the top...

Cutting fire wood these days cleaning fence rows that have been let go for maybe 50 years. Recouping maybe 20 feet of farm land and getting warm twice from the wood. Once when I cut it and then will again when I burn it in the fireplace. Old wood cutters joke, but so true. In my case my son in law Jeff Plaspohl and I actually will get warmed three times when we burn the huge brush piles later on after the burn ban is lifted. I rather actually enjoy cutting firewood. Falling big trees, notching them on the side you want them to go and then slicing through from the back and watching these monstorous trees pop and fall in a huge crash to the ground. Then trimming off the small brush followed by cutting all the remaining wood into 16 inch pieces of firewood. The large ones we split up some several times with Jeff's excellent splitter...That is actually a lot of fun also turning them into manageable peices of wood for the fireplace.

Some of the wood seen here being burned last evening in celebration of a really excellent election...I remember writing about the T party rally I attended in DC on 8/28 and saying I felt we may have gotten our country back that day..I could just feel it and I think the whole country felt it and did it....Semper Fi....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog