Saturday, October 31, 2009

Amelia Earhart the movie (187)

We went to see the new movie last evening about Amelia Earhart. Sweet Pea said the ratings have not been that good on the movie but we went anyway. Man, I don't know who rates movies and who decides what to make movies about. But I tell you instead of 1.5 stars in our paper this movie needs 5 or maybe 6. We are giving it two thumbs up and that converts to 6 stars. I watched the other night the real biography of Miss Earhart a four part deal so that I would know the facts before hollywood added its take on it. They followed the facts well and that impressed me and the movie was done well. I got into it could not help admiring this couragous young woman and surely felt sad at the last when she was lost in the pacific. Not to ruin the movie for you we all know she lost her life in real time trying to fly around the world...Almost made it but there was blame there in the end that maybe should not have happened that would have allowed her to succeed...

I guess Hollywood spent quite a lot of time here at Purdue University gathering info about her and Purdues envolvement with her life. They did a good job portraying this and Purdue was well mentioned and well represented..Go see the movie Hilary Swank did a great job and the resemblance was pretty darn true to life's real pictures of Amelia..Richard Gere was good also as here promotor and lover...

When I go to movies and watch the many previews we just set there and share our heads thinking why on God's green earth would anyone in Hollywood waste their money on some of these movies? And then my head keeps shaking when I think, OK they do it for money but why would anyone spend good dollars seeing this junk? And then a really good movie hits the scene and it gets a low rating...go figure....see the movie

No comments: