Monday, August 11, 2008

My family will meet Randy and Patty a "MARINES MARINE"

On July 30th blog below I wrote about the guest speaker at our church this coming Sunday, a Marine I became acquainted with in Florida last winter. Well this Sunday is the big day for this planned event...My church will be blessed when this man shares with them about his life. He is the author of a good "Nam", book titled "What A Life" about his Veit Nam experinces his preparation training in the Marine Corps and his meeting and Marriage of an angel named Patty....

I hope my children and grand children will also be present to hear him speak that day. Randy told me in March after agreeing to come to Indiana that he would like to meet my family the evening before maybe a saturday night...So I said well thank you Randy and to put a little icing on that cake well I may just invite a few Marines to meet you also....A term I like to use for special people like Randy Kington is that he is a "Marine's Marine. I have only met a few in my time. The first was a Master Sargeant Saul C. Goldman who's charm and good looks swept myself and 4 others in my class of only 10 boys in my senior class to enlist in and try our hand at becoming a Marine. After him everyone's Marine Marines are their drill instructors assigned the task of snapping us out of our "cheap civilian shit" and molding us into and earning the title of U. S. Marine....That is no easy task believe me and the first hate and then love relationship that each recruit goes through in the process does bring one to fully respect and follow anywhere, the men that were pretty darn tough in the beginning, but then in the end at graduation time just fellow Marines. After that I am not sure how many I know of at least one other and that is of a Captain of Marines that is the very last picture below and to the right all the way down that showed my wife Linda so much respect and caring and thus I guess to me also when we visited the dedication ceremony of the new Marine Corps Musuem in Washington DC....I know not his name he was from South Dakota and had served several tours of duty in Alfganistan and Iraq, but I admired his spirit of service and care given to my wheel chaired wife on that day for at least an hour that he would not have had to do...He also was a Marines Marine...And now comes Randy Kington of whom I have heard speak about his tour of duty in Veit Nam and how life had so challenged him and how he has accomplished much...He is my latest Marine's Marine.... The picture to the right shows my family pulling as many blue gills out of the pond as can be done before Saturday night when a few good men and my family meet Randy and Patty Kington.

No comments: