Thursday, April 25, 2013

353 Three Ducks and Remembering Linda and Welcoming each day after.

A duck update first of all and that is I now have just the three Males.  Huey and Dewey swim together as I believe Martha the love of their lives is nesting somewhere and should show up any day now we hope.  Louie however swims by himself, very seldom do the three get close to each other.  He no doubt is also a father in waiting as Mildred has been missing now also for about 3 weeks.  We have had a lot of rain so they may or may not show up with baby ducks we will just have to keep fingers crossed. 
 Above is a stone I keep at the back of my home and today a tulip is there...It is like Linda who passed on April 12 Six years ago just pops up to say HI Jack how is it going?  I look at these two picture to the right and still can not believe it actually happened.  And it still seems like time has stopped since then, like it was just a few months ago not years.  And I guess that is good in a way it keeps the presence there of someone you loved and miss each day.  She faced it and did it so well, I still can not believe how she faced each day knowing the time was growing short.  I think personally I denied myself to believe it would happen until it did.  I knew it would but yet I still stayed in denial that it would or could I think.  But then it did and afterwards you just numbly kind of go through the motions of what needs to be done it seems.  I still wish it were not so but I know life must go on and it does.  I have been truly blessed with great family and friends.  And in grieving classes I was fortunate to meet a young lady Susan who we now have a blossoming relationship.  Life has been exceptionally good for me and I am grateful to all who have reached out and cared.

I have many great friends both here in Indiana, Florida and now even establishing friendships in Kentucky where Susan daughter and new family lives and we sometimes visit.  So yes life is good and maybe getting better but there are times when a flower pops up or a special rose bush blooms or other flowers that she had planted just kind of broadsides one and there is nothing you can do but remember and be grateful....

No comments: