Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Connecting Links and the Three Bears (125)

In greiving class last year we learned about "connecting links", which are objects that remind us and tie us to to a loved one who has passed on. The night we were to bring one in for class I took my wife's stuffed monkey that she had kept from childhood...His name was Zippy and came with a book about him that I also have kept. It is a connecting link, and then as seen in a previous post here, I made an even more meaningful connecting link, by designing a gold arch that suspended our wedding rings woven together, and below an airplane, representing the day we met and the life we shared...I have it on my desk and an inscription reads, "love was in the air"...

Comes now, the Three Bears, another connecting link that sweet pea designed for her three grand children to remember their grandfather...I think it is a most clever Christmas gift, using shirts he wore to work and setting in hats that he also wore probably fishing in Wisconsin..... Sure these will be preserved for many decades ahead..each has a name of the grandson on the bottom of the foot...I know they will surely treasure them....A great "connecting link" for these lads and along with pictures will always be a reminder of someone very special, but passed to soon.....

Probably my last post before Christmas....Wishing each and all the Very Merry Christmas that you need to fill your life with good memories, good friends and good days ahead....and even more so, the reason for the season, A life guided from above by Jesus Christ......
Merry Christmas................

1 comment:

Lorri said...

Jack, I was reading the Journal & Courier online and found the link to your blog there. I thought "I wonder if this is Uncle Larry's brother..." Took a little reading through before I found some photos of Larry and Marge to be certain about my guess! I am Marge's niece; my mother, Linda (now gone) was her sister. I moved to Ohio a year ago and read the Lafayette paper online daily to keep track of everything familiar! Anyway, I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your blog posts. And it was a treat to see some photos of Uncle Larry and Aunt Marge!

Peace to you in this New Year,

Lorri Sweeney